How Do I Get a Birth Certificate?
 How Do I Get a Birth Certificate?     Application for Record of Birth_Rev.pdf 


   The New Hartford Registrar of Vital Records maintains birth records for:   


  •      St. Luke’s Memorial Hospital births from May 1957 to current;     
  •      St. Elizabeth’s births from 1885 to 1922;     
  •      Faxton-St Luke’s Hospital births from 2000 to current;     
  •      All births that have occurred within the Town of New Hartford, New York.       


   If the birth occurred at St. Elizabeth’s hospital from 1923 to 1996, or at St. Luke’s Memorial Hospital before May 1957, or at Faxton Hospital through May 1, 1973, you need to contact the City of Utica Registrar of Vital Records at 315-738-0218.   



  To obtain a birth certificate from the Town of New Hartford, please follow the instructions:    Application for Record of Birth_Rev.pdf 


  •     The New Hartford Registrar of Vital Records has records only for births that occurred within the Town of New Hartford. The search fee is $10.00, payable in cash, cashier’s check, or money order  only  . We do not accept credit, debit, or personal checks for Vital Records. Please be aware that if we do not locate the record you request, the $10.00 is not refundable and a No Record Certification is issued.    
  •      Print out, read, and fully complete the Application for Record of Birth within the Town of New Hartford. Sign where indicated and include your current mailing address and telephone number and/or email address. Please realize that we cannot issue Vital Records to a Post Office Box; include your physical residential address on the Application.     
  •      Please provide a clear photocopy of suitable ID, such as a Driver’s License, Non-Driver’s Photo ID, or U. S. Passport. The ID must show a street address and not a PO Box. Please realize that we cannot issue Vital Records to a Post Office Box. See the application for the ID we require;  we do not accept any other form of ID than those specified on the Application.      
  •      If you have had a name change since your birth or the birth of your child, you need to provide documentation, such as a marriage certificate showing your name change. In the case of a marriage, we require the marriage certificate issued from a civil entity - that is, a city/town/village - showing how your name has changed. Please also realize that we cannot accept a church or synagogue marriage record as proof of name change.     
  •      If you are not the parent on the record but have custody of the child, please provide a legible photocopy of the entire custody paperwork. Custody papers must be signed and certified or re-certified within six months from the date the Application is received.     
  •      If your need is urgent, we suggest using an overnight mail service to send the application, and include a self-addressed, pre-stamped overnight envelope that we can send back to you the day we fulfill your request. Overnight mail applications are usually done the same day we receive them.     
  •      Please realize that we are prohibited from discussing specific Vital Records information or receipt of your Application through the telephone. If you wish to be notified that we have received your Application, please use  a mail service tracking service for your own tracking and record-keeping purposes. We usually process general mail requests within three to five business days.     
  •      Mail the application, photocopy of your ID, payment, and any other documents to:   
       Town of New Hartford Registrar, 8635 Clinton Street, New Hartford, NY 13413   
       For more information on eligibility requirements or to order vital records online, see the New York State Department of Health Vital Records at