Police Department FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

Where is the New Hartford Police Department located? 

The New Hartford Police Department is located at 8635 Clinton Street, New Hartford, New York 13413.  (The Orchard Plaza in the Former Gander Mountain Building)

What are the hours of operation?

Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:00pm.

Patrols are 24/7. 

Does the Police Department offer fingerprinting for residents? 

Yes, at the Front Desk, 8635 Clinton Street.  We only do “ink and roll” type prints.  You will need to supply the card that you are required to be printed on. No appointment necessary, Monday – Friday 9:00am-2:00pm only.  Depending on availability there may be a short wait time. 

Fees are:  Residents - $25, Non-Residents - $50, for up to 3 cards. Check or Money Order ONLY

Does the Police Department take expired prescription medication?

Medications can be brought to the Walgreens at both locations 49 Kellogg Road, New Hartford and 4855 Commercial Drive, New Hartford. For additional information on curbside disposal or to find other drop off sites please visit the Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Authority's website.

Does the Police Department offer photo identification for residents?

No, these can be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles.

How do I formally recognize the efforts of an employee of the New Hartford Police Department?

The New Hartford Police Department is recognized as one of the finest in the area. Continual feedback from the citizens it serves is vital to improving all aspects of the Police Department. We encourage your comments and suggestions.

To formally recognize an officer or employee of the police department or to file a complaint you may contact the on-duty supervisor by telephone at 315-724-7111. You may also email the Chief directly.

How can I get a police report of crime for myself?

With certain limitations, the New Hartford Police Department can issue you a report if you were the victim of a crime. Reports can be obtained from the Records Office at the New Hartford Police Department upon filing of a written request. Most requests will be completed within 2-3 business days. 

How can I get a copy of an accident report?

You may get reports from 2013 through present day online at https://crashdocs.org you will need the date of the accident, the report number (found on your information/exchange form) and the last name of a person involved. 

As an involved party, you may also walk into the station and request a copy at the window.

How do I obtain a pistol permit?

Applications for pistol permits are only available through the Oneida County Pistol Permit Office located at the Oneida County Office Building, 800 Park Ave, Utica, NY 13501.  

Link:  http://www.ocgov.net/oneida/pistolpermits

Where can I find Hospital Services and Emergency Care?

In lieu of the the Faxton-St. Luke's Hospital - Mohawk Valley Health System New Hartford Campus on Champlin Ave. which has closed, hospital services and/or emergency care can be found at the Wynn Hopsital and their affiliate locations.  Information can be found at Wynn Hospital